You have been advised many times that watching English films is a good way to learn English, you should watch English films regularly to better listening to English, watching English movies is a good and interesting way. For you to learn, just come into contact with English.
But most of the advice you get in the following two cases:
- Case 1: In your head immediately a thought of resistance emerged: “I am very poor English, the film how to understand it!”, “Guess sure, heard a little bit still do not understand. There are English movies! “,” This way I can not apply now! “…
- Case 2: You are excited to watch English movies. Movies are constantly watching, and English skills are still not changed. Good movie, we keep watching, and listening skills … where to next.
Obstacles you may encounter when watching English movies:
Make sure your listening skills are good, and that you choose to watch movies to improve your English listening skills. So you do not understand what is normal. You may encounter some of the drawbacks listed below:
- Less vocabulary, many words you just first encountered do not understand.
- Character speed speaks fast, you can not keep up.
- Continuous film-making, movies usually last 60 minutes or more, so you do not keep track of and keep the focus. Listen to tired and then give up.
- Not paying attention, but just read the Vietnamese subtitles.
Watch English movies help you?
Firstly, most of us usually practice listening to English through listening to books and textbooks. The problem of these songs is that English is not as spontaneous as what native speakers use in practice, especially in communicative situations. You want to learn English to communicate naturally, right? Then when you watch the film, you will learn how native speakers use English in a myriad of practical situations. You also learn slang, pronunciation, expressions, …
Secondly, if you just listen, it will be very difficult to understand and boring. Especially if you hear weak, you can not hear a few words, you can not always understand and easy to give up. But if you watch the movie, you will be able to see what is going on. You can feel the character of sad, funny … how. You can see the scenery, the surroundings …
All of that combined with what you hear helps you both catch the content easily, and easily remember what you hear. Because you do not just memorize the words you hear, you memorize the stories and images that the words express. This is an effective way of listening to English but requires persistence and proper application to improve this skill.